10 May 2012

This Is NOT a Political Post

Ok....it is, but I'm not making any conclusions or telling anyone how to vote. I'm just pointing out something that I'm uncomfortable with in politics...in a word and a punctuation mark: Lying!


"“I favor legalizing same-sex marriages, and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages,”~Obama circa 1996

"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that's not what America's about." ~Obama circa 2004

“I am a fierce supporter of domestic-partnership and civil-union laws. I am not a supporter of gay marriage as it has been thrown about, primarily just as a strategic issue. I think that marriage, in the minds of a lot of voters, has a religious connotation. I know that’s true in the African-American community, for example." ~Obama circa 2004

“You know, we [his wife Michele and he] are both practicing Christians and obviously this position may be considered to put us at odds with the views of others but, you know, when we think about our faith, the thing at root that we think about is, not only Christ sacrificing himself on our behalf, but it’s also the Golden Rule, you know, treat others the way you would want to be treated. And I think that’s what we try to impart to our kids and that’s what motivates me as president and I figure the most consistent I can be in being true to those precepts, the better I’ll be as a as a dad and a husband and, hopefully, the better I’ll be as president.” ~Obama circa 2012



I don't pretend he's the only politician to do this, but he's the most recent one I've seen. I mean, are we really supposed to believe that his views went out the window for a mere couple years while he ran for President? Well, I was born in the evening but it wasn't yesterday evening.