09 March 2012

What I Read This Week

I read one book, and one book only. Ok, that's not true. I read parts of other books, but mainly this week was dedicated to finishing the best book I read in 2012. I know that isn't exactly fair, because we are only at the beginning of the third month of 2012, but I have no idea how another book can possibly top this one.

I read Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand. I don't have the time today to dedicate all of what I'd like to say about this book, but I actually had to stop reading it on my lunch breaks at work because I kept crying. Happy and sad tears flowed. This book was amazing! I also plan to bother all of my friends until they at least try to read this. I don't usually do that with books. If I have a recommendation, I just throw it out and don't insist. I'm not going to be so polite with this one. So, if I know you in real life you should probably prepare yourself.

Hopefully sometime soon, I will have a review for you so I can peak your interest more, but just in case I don't, Carrie (who I can be extremely grateful to for loaning me her copy...even though I'm going to have to buy this one) wrote an excellent one already.

Ok, now go read it.
Link

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Sharp intake of breath.

You DID borrow my copy!!! (I couldn't remember if you had said you would just get it at the library or if you had ended up actually borrowing mine.) So you kept it SAFE for me! And it doesn't SMELL!

I am so very happy.

BerlinerinPoet said...

YES! I wish I had set your mind at ease earlier!
When you've talked about your possessions I was thinking, "I'm glad I have some of her books and they are safe and clean," but I guess I failed to pass that joyful thought on to you.

Yes! I have it! And I suppose you'll want it back even though it made me so happy at the end that I want to just carry it around with me forEVER! But yes, it will be returned.