27 February 2012

30 Day Book Challenge: Day Three- Your Favorite Series

Oh my goodness, is it Monday? Is it still 2012? Am I still blogging? I feel like I have emerged from a gigantic pile of work/home responsibilities and can now breathe! What a lovely feeling. I've also noticed that all of my blogs are too long. I tend to skim overly long blog posts, so I imagine a couple of you are doing the same. I'm going to really concentrate on keeping these and the What I Read this Week posts semi short and snappy.

This one will be pretty easily answered because I don't have a favorite series. I actually don't think I've finished very many series..es. Serii? (How does one pluralize that correctly?) The most recent one I finished was the Harry Potter ones, and while they are enjoyable I'm not sure they'd qualify as "favorite." I'd like to say Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time series because, honestly, I used to LOVE them. But I realized the other day that I could only remember really really enjoying them. I don't necessarily remember the actual books.

I'm just going to give this to The Chronicles of Narnia because I love religious imagery, and I love C.S. Lewis. It's kind of a gimme, and honestly it's been a long time since I've read those too (but not for long as 2012 is my year of Lewis! haha!), but I feel like this is the best stab at the answer to this question. How's that for a post that says very little? Perhaps you should tell me YOUR favorite series and that would maybe jog my memory. Or it would help me gather little facts about my readers...not to mention some book suggestions. I never tire of those.

4 comments:

shostagirl said...

Yep, you're definitely lacking book suggestions! ;)
All of a Kind Family by Sidney Taylor
(that's the name of the first book and the series)
No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency
Sunday Philosophy Club (both by Alexander McCall Smith)
Ender's Saga by Orson Scott Card

I was surprised you didn't mention Terry Pratchett!

BerlinerinPoet said...

Yeah, I haven't read any of those. And Terry Pratchett...well, I guess it is a series. It's more like a saga. And there are ENDLESS amounts of them. That's why I didn't mention it.

Carrie said...

=D I read all of your posts, regardless of length. For the record. I'm afraid I might miss something.

Narnia
Anne
Mysterious Benedict Society
Strictest School in the World series

Those are my favorites!

BerlinerinPoet said...

I feel special! :-)

What is Strictest School in the World!?! That sounds so intriguing. I'm going to find it immediately!