08 September 2011

Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion, Post 1

My church is reading through John Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion and I thought I would share some thoughts with The Patronage, as I read through it. It will mainly be quotes because I don't really think I can add much in my immature ramblings. This is from the chapter dealing mainly with the scripture and it's importance.

"No one can get even the slightest taste of right and sound doctrine unless he be a pupil of Scripture." 1.6.2

"Errors can never be uprooted from human hearts, until true knowledge of God is planted therein" 1.6.3

3 comments:

Ben Ditty said...

I could deal with getting some errors out of me ;)

Resequitur said...

The first book of The Institutes is probably one of my favorite books. =)

BerlinerinPoet said...

@Ben: Yes, we all can. I am so glad for Jesus Christ!

@Resequitur: Great! I hope you keep reading!....my blog that is. :-)